Saturday, October 18, 2008

In Wrong Hands

Have you ever had a cut
Have you ever seen the blood
Have you ever let it flow
Let it mix with that of the man next door?

Bring the men all together
Cutting the barriers of religion and color
Cut each hand with a tiny tear
And let a drop of blood mix here

Now I will give you this little jar
Separate the drops will you dear?

Separate the black, white and blue
And that of the Christians and Muslims too
Separate the East and West from each
And show me the difference will you please?

Have you ever squirmed in shame?
When on God you lay your blame?
Years have passed and millions lie dead
And yet we cannot stop this dread

The world is in wrong hands I say!
For while we roam clothed and free
The ones in the forests live in perfect harmony!


***********************************************************
For Matinee Muse - In the wrong hands
Re posting for Writers Island - Controversy. This is not very controversial I agree... but I think this is something to think about and ponder on!!


(c) Preethi @ Creative Outbursts, September 2008

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!

AMAZING!!

such a powerful piece this is!! I am so very glad u wrote it! I wish there was a journal of kinds, you should get this published for 'those' people to read!!

Very Very Good!

PS - You are in my blog roll ... rolling away to Glory :)

Stan Ski said...

Always looking for a scapegoat, when it's often our own fault - so right of you to say we should all join hands and unite.

anthonynorth said...

Beautiful and powerful. To me people have different cultures, which they should be proud of, but beneath that, 95% of the world is peace loving and just want to get on with life.
It's the other 5% that's the problem.

JP/deb said...

What a powerful message. Brilliant! JP/deb

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking indeed. One day maybe we will live in harmony, but I fear it will not happen in my lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Very nice poem, Preeti,

Annie Jeffries said...

As long as we have voices such as yours out there, there is HOPE.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anthony, 95% of the world would love to live in harmony, but the other 5% think they deserve something more. Excellent writing!

Anonymous said...

separate the drops... powerful!!!

Rob Kistner said...

Excellent... and a most timely post -- if only the deaf-eared could hear!

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

That's execellent poem with a powerful and peaceful message :) I liked it.

Nice blog.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I like the part about putting the blood in a jar and then how it all looks the same and is the same.

I'm visiting you from Writer's Island.

Sara
Poets Who Blog manager

PreethZzZ said...

wow... amazing writing!! very professional... and extremely powerful! keep up the great work!

SSQuo said...

Loved this!

Now I will give you this little jar
Separate the drops will you dear?

I really liked how with these two lines, you made what may have seemed like instructions to a successful science project into something so much bigger than BIG.
I would give anything to see the look on the faces of the 'men' when these words were uttered, esp. if they came from what many have defined as the other 5%.

Purva said...

very poignant! wonderful work...

world in wrong hands indeed

AMIT said...

Very nice written.

Lingerie Alley

Madhumita said...

Well written - things seem to be getting worse. Sometimes I wonder what it will be like for our kids when they inherit the world.