Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Summers of my past

(Pict Courtesy: http://www.maximumfun.org)

I can still taste the salt in the breeze,
And the feel of sand beneath my feet
I can still feel the cool waters running so clear,

And can taste the sweets by granny dear.


Hiding away, all the ice creams and pops

I dare to smile at the stern Grand pop

Forgotten the day spent rolling in sand

"Take me along to the beach" I sang!


The uncle arrives and I scream in joy,

He is back from work, but no time to rest!

Now is the time to take me to the zoo

To the park and ice cream place, and the beach too!

The weekend arrives and it is the aunts turn
Off we go to tempt a sun burn!

And on other days, there was soft cuddly grand mom

Who filled my tummy with candies and sweets,

And at night told me many many fun stories!


The summers of my past where sweet as can be,

But now they are but a distant memory!
Summers are still fun, with the holidays they bring!

But now I am the one taking the imp out for a spin!

**The topic TAILS - Share a Summertime memory at Heads of Tails - The Skittles! **

21 comments:

Tina said...

oh i love that poem. must have taken you a while to write that up :)

Thanks for stopping by my hots

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great beachy summertime memories full of family and fun! Nicely done. :)

ShannonW said...

Amazing poem! I love it.

Forgetfulone said...

That was a great poem and a super HoT post!

Rambler said...

those days are fun..weren't they

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

lovely poem. . . .Summers are so mcuh fun when there is a summer vacation :D

Shadow said...

sun, sea, sand
and uncles, aunts, gran
lovely picture!

Unknown said...

Beautiful HoT this week, well written in poem form.

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a wonderful poem! It brings visions of my childhood! :o)

Maisie said...

This brings back some good memories for me, too. It's the simple things we do as kids that make for good memories.

Barb said...

What a beautiful poem filled with so many Summertime memories. :)

Anonymous said...

nice poem.

thanks for the visit.

Susan Demeter said...

Beautiful poem :) Thanks so much for stopping by earlier :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

oh to be young again

Annabel said...

lovely poem, sound like you have some fantastic memories.

Rebecca said...

Happy HoT

Shadow said...

happy 4th of july!

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Gods great gift to us.Memories !They get etched somehow ,isnt it .
Now you can give back to your nieces &nephews such lovely visits to the Zoo & beaches for them to remember in the future !!
TC
CU

K.C. said...

How much fun you had. I could picture all of that. Loved you stealing those ice cream treats... And getting to see your aunt and uncle. What a loving family you had! Kayce

Rajesh said...

very well written...loved reading...

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Is it not time for next one !!
TC
CU