Friday, September 12, 2008

Coffee


I drag myself out of bed
I walk out with a groggy head
The kitchen is the first place to tread
To flip the switch of the magical pot!

The aroma fills the air so soon
The spirits perk and eyes open
The feet do a sprightly dance
The brain comes out of the trance

And when the rainy day is here
I grab a throw and sit to stare
The steaming mug in my hand
The wonderful smell fills the air!

The elixir I sip and smell makes me smile,
Makes me live and dance every day!
The magical gift from heavens I am sure,
That I welcome night and day!

And when I am off on a drive
My eyes search in frantic fear
For if I don't find a cafe near,
We will just have to head back home my dear!

I need my pot of COFFEE every day,
To keep me active, to keep me gay!
***********************************************************
For Sunday Scribblings - Coffee

(c) Preethi @ Creative Outbursts, September 2008

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew coffee is a herbal remedy. See! Well put. Very well put! The car ride had me in stitches laughing. I live a simple life.

anthonynorth said...

You make it sound so appealing - but I still prefer tea :-)

Anonymous said...

You could have written that for me! Life without coffee would be pretty dull.

Granny Smith said...

My sentiments too! Thanks for this sprightly coffee dance.

totomai said...

see, the coffee's is a reliable best friend to everyone :-)

Anonymous said...

very nice indeed!!!

so fun a poem !! puts a smile right where it belongs :)

aMus said...

hey, that's a good take on the prompt...
"And when the rainy day is here
I grab a throw and sit to stare
The steaming mug in my hand"

u do that too? :) isn't that silence heavenly...

linda may said...

I can see you in my mind reading this, drinking your cup of coffee or hanging out for another one.

susan said...

Okay, I came to read your SS entry, but I confess this is what blew me away: They flow unchecked from a disorganized mind. So, I invite you to be the unforgiving critic and challenge my creativity. For whats life without a challenge?

We are kindred spirits! Talk about filling my cup with joy. Please do come by and lets stick a straw in each other's creativity.

Linda Jacobs said...

Never been there but I want to be. I'd say it was high time I started drinking coffee!

Tumblewords: said...

I can relate! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

addicted?

Aki Nominal said...

"I drag myself out of bed
I walk out with a groggy head
The kitchen is the first place to tread
To flip the switch of the magical pot!"

I imagine every coffee drinker I know do that every morning (or every time they wake up).. groggily walking towards the kitchen while mumbling, "coffeeeee.. I need my coffeeeeee.."

Rambler said...

oh am totally with you on the drive part..just love to sip coffee on a long chilly drive

Anonymous said...

Well Said! Exactly I will also do like this :)

As if you know what goes in the people's mind when they think about coffee, you have written exactly like this. :)
Keep it up!

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

This makes coffee sound yum , even to a sweet tooth , not so addicted with caffine , me :)

Pirate Princess said...

lol - a cute poem to put a smile on my face. :)

Anonymous said...

i read it again... and found it really nice :)

here is mine Charm