Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Culinary Chronicles

I skipped, I jumped, I ran away
I dodged and talked out my way...
I hid out in the attic all day
When my mom begged me to stay!

Learn to cook a little she would say!
Learn to hold the ladle..
But I felt truly liberated to dodge away,
And claim to know no culinary way!

But then I went away to stay, in a land far far away...
With no mommy to answer my whims and fancy!

So with reluctance in every move
I decided to make some stew!
I cut and minced , tossed and cooked
But when I put it in my mouth, spit it right out

I called my mom and ate my words
I asked her to teach me the ropes!
And hand me the recipe passed down the years
So my experiments would save some tears!

Years have passed and cook I do
And the flavors in my food play peek-a-boo
But to dinner if I do invite you
Do remember to bring a dish or two!

**********************************************
Heads or Tails - Recipe

(c) Preethi @ Creative Outbursts, September 2008

13 comments:

anthonynorth said...

That was fun. Enjoyed it.

Nat said...

LOL - I shall remember.

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, that was fun and full of truth!

Barb said...

Moms know best. :)

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Bravo! Very creative. :)

aMus said...

hee...hee...cute...

Rambler said...

a real life experience? :)

Preethi said...

Thanks folks for your wonderful comments..
Rambler - yes you bet!! ;)

Akshaya Kamalnath said...

invite me invite me...i promise 2 bring my own dish (empty)...

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

Rofl. . .Good one :D !!

And when you want it to taste good
You empty an entire pack of cheese
It always perks up my mood
But makes me as immovable as a geese

:P

Swati said...

So true to me too.. I love your poems ...all of them.. simple and straight. I read them all though I may not comment always.

Gomathi Sarma said...

Ada kadavulae.. Thappi thavari I wont come to ur home for dinner :)

Now I know why Mani is in the disguise of official tours atleast once a month. Poor thing he might be longing for some good food :)

Anonymous said...

hehehe! u so sound like me :P

in sense ... my mom wants me in the kitchen ;)

and i m running away ;)